[Thanks to Ali Alfoneh for his compilation; (E) signifies English link]
Military and Security
- (E) Iran builds hi-tech naval weapon “never used before.”
- Hassan Haddad, deputy public prosecutor of Tehran, says the explosion at the mosque in Shiraz, a recent bomb explosion at Jahan Hotel in Tehran, spread of pornography and a public demonstration in support of Abbas Palizdar at the gates of the Mellat park in Tehran were all components of a widespread conspiracy of the exiled monarchists and Los Angeles-based Persian language television and radio stations.
- An unnamed ambassador to Tehran is arrested for carrying explosives in diplomatic parcel at a Tehran airport.
- STATOIL CEO Helge Lund says the Norwegian oil giant will not invest in the 6th and 8th phases of South Pars Gas Field due to U.S. pressure, but Shahab News discloses that the company has also negotiated development of Anaran development scheme of Azar oil field.
- Petroleum minister says the government will need an additional withdrawal of $8 billion from the foreign reserve exchange to secure gasoline imports for the rest of the fiscal year.
- Ahmadinejad changes his “state visit” to Turkey into a “working visit” in order to avoid a mandatory visit to the mausoleum of Ataturk.
- Syrian president Bashar al-Assad arrives in Tehran.
- Jomhouri-ye Eslami condemns rumors on normalization of U.S.-Iran ties.
- Student Basij members at Imam Sadeq University warns the Iranian president against establishing diplomatic relations with the U.S.
- German foreign minister urges the Islamic Republic not to waste time and drag its feet in the nuclear negotiations.
- (E) Iran plays the race-card in U.S. elections.
Photo of the Day