- Spokesman says Iran-Iraq ties are “favorable”
- Iran condemns murder of five Iranian truck drivers in Iraq. More here.
- Parliamentary speaker: Mayhem in Iraq part of U.S. plan.
- IAEA chief ElBaradei says no evidence that Iran diverts from civilian to military programs.
- But, according to its own regulations, IAEA does not inspect Iran’s undeclared facilities.
- Iran wants more information from U.S. on missing FBI agent.
- Iran has seized a Radio Farda (RFE/RL) journalist in Iran.
- Mixed views on possible Pelosi visit.
- Parliamentary foreign policy head: No to parliamentary exchanges.
- Iranian unions demand Mahmood Salehi’s release. More here.
- Foreign Ministry Spokesman: U.S. incapable of military action against Iran.
- Five “diplomats” captured in Iraq to be released soon?
- Ahmadinejad seeks to expand ties with European Union.
- Iran cracks down on group accused by ABC news of accepting CIA aid
- New proposal to ration gasoline inside Iran.
- Photo of the Day: Ahmadinejad visits the Fars province.
EDITOR’S NOTE: The following is Jonah Goldberg’s weekly “news”letter, the G-File. Subscribe here to get the G-File delivered to your inbox on Fridays. Dear Reader (Including all you whippersnappers under the age of 50), I’m writing this from somewhere over the Atlantic. At least I hope that’s ... Read More
One: South Bend mayor Pete Buttigieg’s father, Joseph Buttigieg, immigrated to the United States from Malta and was naturalized as a U.S. citizen in 1979. He was a professor of European literature who taught at New Mexico State and then Notre Dame. The elder Buttigieg was a fan of Manchester United soccer and ... Read More
She's not a fan. Read More
It never fails. Whenever a Republican president makes a controversial or contentious move to support Israel -- such as moving the American embassy to Jerusalem, or yesterday’s decision to recognize Israeli sovereignty over the Golan Heights -- you’ll see various “explainers” and other stories that purport ... Read More
The Senate. The Electoral College. The First Amendment. The Second Amendment. The Supreme Court. Is there a part of our constitutional order that the Democrats have not pledged to destroy? There are some Democrats out there in the sticks — a lot of them, in fact — who simply don’t understand the ... Read More
Special Counsel Robert Mueller on Friday evening delivered a report to attorney general William Barr detailing his nearly two-year investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election and possible collusion with the Trump campaign. Barr will now be tasked with deciding what information from the report ... Read More