- Iranian official hints at linkage between nuclear program and U.S.-Iraq talks.
- Friday Prayer leader Ahmad Jannati on democracy, U.S. withdrawal from Iraq.
- Isfahan Friday Prayer leader: Nations of the world hate America and find it with honor.
- Former UN official Denis Halliday tells Iranian radio Bush’s goal is genocide.
- I think the goal of Bush and the hawks at his administration is to decimate Iran, to diminish the Iraqi people, to allow millions to become refugees or million Iraqis to die.
- Many Americans are not literate. They don’t have access to good media, they don’t hear the truth from Al Jazeera or BBC or overseas radio…
- Clashes between U.S. army and Jaysh al-Mahdi kill nine in Karbala.
- Picture of the Day: Pilgrims in Mashhad.
Well, did you think Rod Rosenstein was going to say, “You got me. The Mueller probe was inappropriate and politicized?” No, you didn’t. And the deputy attorney general did not disappoint. In an interview with the Wall Street Journal on Wednesday, Rosenstein defended the investigation as “appropriate ... Read More
In Brooklyn, there is an occult bookshop called Catland Books. “Catland” is, one imagines, an apt description of the homes of the women who congregate there. The operators of the establishment have announced that they are planning to hold a special hex session this weekend to make Supreme Court justice ... Read More
Representative Joaquin Castro (D., Texas) claimed without evidence Friday that White House adviser Jared Kushner may have prompted the Saudi government to assassinate journalist Jamal Khashoggi by including his name on an “enemies list” provided to Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman. During an appearance on ... Read More
It’s been a bad week for Heidi Heitkamp. Last night, the North Dakota Democrat squared off against Republican congressman Kevin Cramer in a debate, as she fights to hold on to her Senate seat. With less than three weeks to go until the election, Heitkamp already appeared to be at a disadvantage; most recent ... Read More
I must have missed something: Was there some kind of all-hands white-people meeting at which we voted to kick the Democrats out? Elizabeth Warren, Rachel Dolezal, Beto O’Rourke — what’s up with all the ethnic play-acting? Isn’t cultural appropriation supposed to be a bad thing among progressives? Isn’t ... Read More
‘The world is not a dark and evil place,” insists an exasperated woman played by Judy Greer in Halloween. “It’s full of love and understanding!” I put the question to the class: Is she right? In the new film (not a reboot but a sequel that occurs 40 years after the events in the 1978 original and ... Read More