(Thanks to Ali Alfoneh for his help in compiling)
- Khedmat says the Ahmadinejad government’s investment in infrastructure is twice as great as that of the Khatami government.
- Jahan says Pakistani president Pervez Musharraf held meetings with Iranian monarchists in Paris, who intend to establish a government in exile under the leadership of Iranian Crown Prince, Reza Pahlavi.
- Photo essay of Khomeini’s return (tomorrow marks the 29th anniversary).
Religion, Culture, and Society
- New Tehran Symphony conductor cannot perform miracles.
- Former Foreign Minister Ebrahim Yazdi says his latest book has been subjected to severe censorship.
- Tabnak condemns publication of Mohammad-Mansour Hashemi’s book Din-Andishan-e Motejadded, Rowshanfekri-ye Dini az Shariati ta Malekian [Modernist Religious Thought – From Shariati to Malekian], which attacks the ideology of Ali Shariati, one of the theoreticians of the Islamic Revolution.
- Tabnak reports more members of the Mojahedin-e Khalq Organization are deserting from Camp Ashraf in Iraq to start a new life.
- Admiral Abbas Mohtaj appointed deputy head of security by the minister of interior.
- Tabnak publishes a pictorial account of Ahmadinejad’s trip to Bushehr.
- Ahmadinejad: “When a nation gives the slightest point to the enemy, that nation is forced to give everything away.” In English.
- Iran will humiliate its enemies.
- Ahmadinejad wants assistance of Western countries to build more nuclear power plants in Iran.
- Mohammad-Ali Hosseini, spokesman of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs: “In Iran’s doctrine, there is no room for deviation from the right to peaceful nuclear energy.”
- Belgian foreign minister praises Iran’s regional role.
- A large Iranian parliamentary delegation visits the Bahraini parliament.
- Speaker of Parliament Gholam-Ali Haddad Adel considers his conversations with Egyptian authorities fruitful.
Economy and Trade
- Head of the Iran-China Chamber of Commerce says Iran’s exports exceed $20 billion.
- China reiterates eagerness to invest in Iranian energy sector.
Human Rights and Labor
Photo of the Day
- Executions in Iranian Kurdistan.