- Iran arrests wife and sister of imprisoned labor leader for crime of trying to meet with U.N. High Commission for Human Rights during her Iran visit.
- Bush continues silence on labor crackdown.
- Condoleezza Rice has yet to issue a single statement on the labor crackdown.
- UN silent.
- Iran, Russia agree on completion of nuclear power plant.
- Larijani: Agree with Iran’s position or risk nuclear talks’ progress.
- “”Westerners should know that if they want to rock the boat, the progressive trend of the nuclear talks may change completely.”
- Ahmadinejad: Iran to end factional struggles.
- Supreme Leader denies any power struggles in Assembly of Experts.
- Supreme Leader’s appointee condemns U.S.-funded Radio Farda for having the audacity to discuss factional discord.
- Deputy FM, in Hong Kong, says Iran will guarantee foreign investment.
- Photo of the Day: Trafficked foreign women and girls arrested in Tehran.
It’s time to put a conspiracy theory to rest. It’s time to debunk a hoax. The conspiracy theory goes like this: The Trump-Russia investigation from its inception represented an attempt by Hillary Clinton’s allies in the federal government to intervene in the election to help Clinton. Everything that has ... Read More
The initial warning is given before Vice even starts, in an onscreen note: It’s a “true story,” we’re told. But it’s hard to be strictly factually accurate, the note adds, because Dick Cheney is such a secretive bastard. So it’s really Cheney’s fault if anything in the movie happens to be ... Read More
The president wants them away from the border. Read More
Conservatives do not do well in the cities. We assume, strangely, that this indicates a problem with the cities rather than a problem with . . . us. We may as well be trying to sell New York City and Los Angeles Edsels full of New Coke -- and cursing the consumers for being too thick to appreciate what we are ... Read More
Congratulations to Kyler Murray for winning the Heisman -- and in a year during which Tua Tagovailoa was playing football, no less. And all shame to Scott Gleeson, of USA Today, who waited until the exact moment that Murray had been selected for the award before amplifying a national shaming campaign that had ... Read More
The federal government has discovered a massive new reserve of oil and natural gas in Texas and New Mexico that it says has the “largest continuous oil and gas resource potential ever assessed.” "Christmas came a few weeks early this year," Secretary of the Interior Ryan Zinke said of the new reserve, ... Read More