- Iranian prosecutor denies visitation rights to son, wife of imprisoned labor leader Mansour Osanlou.
- Another bus driver charged with state security offenses for independent union activity.
- Condoleezza Rice, George Bush, and every Democratic and Republican presidential candidate remain silent on ongoing Iranian labor crackdown.
- Ahmadinejad dismisses French threats.
- Foreign Ministry spokesman condemns French.
- Iranian TV interviews Iranian FM spokesman on French statements.
- “Iran to Suppress Possible Aggressions Crushingly”
- Iran tests domestically-produced jet fighter.
- Iran dismisses U.S. criticism on lack of religious minority rights.
- Number of Sunni mosques allowed to operate in Tehran: Zero
- Population of Tehran: Approximately 14 million.
- Chinese envoy: UN Security Council should defer all responsibility on Iran’s nuclear defiance to IAEA.
- Chinese Ambassador to Tehran speaks on Iranian-Chinese relations.
- Japan eyes investments in Iran’s free trade zones.
- Muslim Blogger’s Committee now in charge of Iran’s official Holocaust site.
- Crackdown nets almost a million bottles of alcohol smuggled through Iranian Azerbaijan, Iranian Kurdistan.
- Picture of the Day: Crackdown on counterfeiting U.S. dollars.
The San Antonio city council has voted to block Chick-fil-A from opening a store in its airport to punish it for donating to the Fellowship of Christian Athletes and the Salvation Army. No, really. Here's the report, from Fortune: Don’t plan on getting a Chick-Fil-A sandwich next time you fly through San ... Read More
EDITOR’S NOTE: The following is Jonah Goldberg’s weekly “news”letter, the G-File. Subscribe here to get the G-File delivered to your inbox on Fridays. Dear Reader (Including all you whippersnappers under the age of 50), I’m writing this from somewhere over the Atlantic. At least I hope that’s ... Read More
She's not a fan. Read More
It never fails. Whenever a Republican president makes a controversial or contentious move to support Israel -- such as moving the American embassy to Jerusalem, or yesterday’s decision to recognize Israeli sovereignty over the Golan Heights -- you’ll see various “explainers” and other stories that purport ... Read More
Attorney General William Barr on Sunday delivered to Congress a summary of special counsel Robert Mueller's findings, setting off what is sure to be a protracted partisan battle over how much of the report will eventually be made public. According to Barr's summary of the report, Special Counsel Robert ... Read More