· U.S. refuses visa to Iranian ambassador to UN in Generva.
· Iranian-American hostage released on bail.
o Parliamentary Speaker condemns Iranian “reformists” for meeting with John Kerry (in Davos).
§ Kerry only meets supporters of theocracy; refuses to meet dissidents and fails to speak out against imprisonment of Iranian labor activists.
· Iranian labor leaders remained imprisoned; no State Department, White House official, or Presidential candidates have commented.
· Iran seeks to use Germany as a lever against U.S.-EU unity on nuclear issue.
o Pakistani strategy expert wants Islamabad to side with Iran on nuclear issue.
· Iran to sponsor “Qods Day” to call for Jerusalem’s liberation on Oct. 5.
· Iranian news continue stories of jet fighter’s success.
o Head of Air Force plans retaliatory strikes against Israel.
§ Would mean violating Iraqi or Saudi air space.
· Housing shortage in Iran? 16 million units when 17.5 million needed?
· Iranian-Senegalese judicial cooperation?
· Iranian Minister of Islamic Guidance and Culture welcomed to Spain.
· Will Iran change its banking system?
· Picture of the Day: Funeral of Ayatollah Murteza Asgari in Qom.