(Thanks to Ali Alfoneh for his compilation)
- Javan-Fekr, the media advisor to Ahmadinejad, says Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting fails to report on the service of the government to the nation.
- Resalat editor Kazemloui: “People are in need of a new way of thinking,…and new topics…This parliamentary election showed that Khatami and Karrubi failed to convince the public that they are the ones delivering the new mentality and new topics.”
- Esma’il Gerami-Moghaddam, deputy leader of the National Trust Party: “If the eighth parliament truly wants to show servitude to the public, it should propose [a motion declaring the] incompetence of the president.”
- Political attacks against Azad University continue; critics claim they have found documents which scandalize Rafsanjani.
- The Reformist Alliance begs former president Khatami to run for presidency.
- Iran attacks ousted minister of economy and finance, Danesh-Ja’fari: “This man is criminal!”
- Two of the ousted minister of economy and finance’s deputies expected to leave their positions in the ministry.
- Minister of Interior Pour-Mohammadi prefers not to speak of his expected ouster, and says he will serve as long as he is in the office.
Security and Military
- Agahsazi discusses new details about the unrest in Ilam.
- A local Friday prayer leader in Zahedan wounded in an assassination attempt. More here.
- Several explosions in the city of Khorramshahr. The local authorities claim the explosions are due to left over explosives from the Iran/Iraq war.
- Ahmadi-Moghaddam, chief of the Law Enforcement Forces, asks for better equipment and broadening of the sphere of competence of his force to serve the country better.
- Commander Kowsari, former head of the 27th Mohammad Rasoul Allah Army: “The armed forces are ready in case of U.S. attack against the territory of the Islamic Republic.”
- Raja News claims the Islamic Republic of Iran special forces have arrested Rashid Akhkandi, Kurdish outlaw, and “collaborator with the counter revolutionaries.”
- Tabnak publishes details about activities of the Forghan [Furqan] terrorist organization active in the early years of the Islamic Republic.
Human Rights and Labor
- For the first time in its history, the Islamic Republic judiciary defines political crimes. More here.
- Alef News Agency’s Mohsen Mehdian presents the “Manifesto for the National Bank’s Independence.”
- In an open letter to first vice president Davoodi, Tehran parliamentarian Gholam-Reza Mesbahi-Moghaddam demands the president control liquidity.
- Iran and Saudi Arabia begin security negotiations in Tehran.
- Kayhan’s Mehdi Mohammadi warns Syria against abandoning Iran and Lebanon for the sake of the Golan Heights.
- Iran celebrates the “Persian Gulf Day.”
Religion, Culture, and Society
- Head of the Organization of Pilgrims to Syria and Iraq says his organization has no supervision over pilgrims to Lebanon, but everybody who pays 400,000 rials to the organization can travel to Lebanon through Syria.
- Speaker of the parliament, Haddad Adel stresses the importance of enforcing the Islamic dress code while delivering a speech to the members of the Law Enforcement Forces.
- Hojjat al-Eslam Dorri Najafabadi warns against Barbie dolls, Batman, Spiderman and Harry Potter in an open letter to first vice president Parviz Davoodi, and demands a strategy to preserve Islamic culture and revolutionary values.
Photos of the Day
- Iranian president in Sri Lanka.