[(E) signifies English link]
- Foreign Ministry spokesman Ghashghavi calls the latest 5+1 Group Resolution “theatrical and political.” More here.
- Parliamentary speaker Larijani says resolutions and sanctions minimize the role of negotiations in the nuclear case.
- Nuclear negotiations expert Sadeq Ayatollahi: “Whenever it is in interests of Russia, they sell out Iran.”
- (E) Iran, Non-Aligned Movement, single out Israel for criticism at IAEA conference.
- (E) China seeks an end to coercion against Iran over its nuclear program.
- (E) Iran vows to continue nuclear work.
Religion, Culture, and Society
- Ayatollah Safi Golpayegani urges propagation of the Quran in “Persian script”, warns against “distribution of Osman Taha script” Qurans in Iran.
- The Lunar Headquarters of the Supreme Leader’s Office says Ramadan is over Tuesday.
- (E) Iranian news service on Jews and Zionism.
- According to Abrar-e Eqtesad, there is no increase in non-oil exports, and the Islamic Republic’s dependency on oil exports has increased.
- Central Bank director general deputy says the economic reform schemes of the Ahmadinejad government will result in a “30 percent jump in prices.”
- The Islamic Republic to export up to 38 percent of the natural gas produced in Iran.
- Privatization of Arak Airport cancelled.
- 6 Tupolev airplanes to be included in the Iran Air fleet.
- Parliamentary speaker Larijani and president Ahmadnejad disagree on economic performance of the Ahmadinejad government in comparison with earlier governments. More here.
- Donya-ye Eqtesad discusses the “oil dividend” scheme of the Iranian government.
- (E) Iran’s foreign assets reach $129 billion.
- Two unnamed foreign companies are interested in investing in a pipe line transporting Iran’s natural gas to Europe.
Photo of the Day
- Producing salt in Khorramabad.