(Thanks to Ali Alfoneh for his compilation)
- According to Agah-Sazi, both Hojjat al-Eslam Rouhollah Hosseinian’s allegations against Mohammad Khatami’s reform movement blaming them for the serial murder of dissidents and intellectuals in the 1990′s, and Commander Nazari’s reopening of the 1999 student uprising issue, serve the purpose of weakening the position of the former president.
- Rajab-Ali Sadeghi, provincial governor of Chaharmahal & Bakhtiari, says the Iranian president has cancelled his trip to the province.
- Behzad Nabavi denies meeting with Tehran mayor Qalibaf.
Military and Security
- Revolutionary Guards to form new missile unit.
- Three Revolutionary Guardsmen are killed in clashes in northwestern Iran
- Official Islamic Republic of Iran historian Abdollah Shahbazi participates in the debate on the bombing in Shiraz, defends two of the arrested Shirazi youth, and instead blames England for the terrorist act.
- Commander Ali Shamkhani, former minister of defense and former Revolutionary Guards commander in Khuzestan province, discusses the early history of Mansoroun revolutionary group in which Mohsen Rezai also was a member.
- Iran seeks closer defense ties with Syria.
- Iran claims IAEA gives it clean bill on weaponization allegations.
- Solana hopes to deliver new EU proposals.
- The Irano-European Bank of Commerce begins operation in Iran.
- Semsami, minister of economy and finance, says the banking sector is developing in the direction of non-interest banking.
Human Rights and Labor
- 12 striking sugar cane workers arrested.
Photos of the Day
- Supreme Leader holds audience, honors Hamas terrorist leader Khalid Mishaal