…at the Hotel Faena in BA, so the business center is closed. So I´m blogging this on a wireless computer the staff loaned me. Did I say the staff was helpful?
Did I say Argentinians in general are gregarious and friendly? But they do have certain sins.
1. Smoke. They smoke in restaurants and other public places. <not everyone, but the tobacconist minority is unrestricted.
2. Meat. I know the answer to Walter Mondale´s question to Gary Hart. The beef is here, in Argentina.
3. Leather. The slaughter of animals does not stop there. Their hidees become wallets, shoes, belts, coats. A popular creature, alas for it, is the capybara, the worlds largest rodent.
4. Fur. Same thing. Not a PETA place.
5. Spike heels and other stigmata of pre-feminism are much in evidence.
I will watch carefully for other political stories as they develope.