National Review is seeking a Web managing editor to join its New York office. The managing editor will work closely with the editor to oversee the day-to-day operations of the website’s editorial activities; commission and edit online features from freelancers and staff; assign editing to other editors on staff; supervise junior editorial staff; oversee the daily publication schedule and copy flow; manage payment for contributors; evaluate submissions and pitches; and assist in developing and executing editorial strategy.
The ideal candidate will have:
• excellent writing and editing skills
• experience with digital publishing
• the ability to juggle a wide range of tasks on short deadlines and work well with writers, editors, and Web producers
• management experience and skills
• a strong interest in and understanding of politics and policy
Applicants should send a résumé and cover letter to: email@example.com