Including James Cole as the number two at DOJ. When Cole was first nominated last May, I put together some CV highlights for you:
– Appointed as the Independent Consultant for American International Group, Inc., to exam its transactions and oversee the revision of its corporate compliance and financial disclosure policies
– Appointed Special Counsel to the House Ethics Committee for its investigation of Speaker Newt Gingrich
– Counseled Arthur Andersen in its efforts to revamp its document management and compliance procedures after the Enron related events were uncovered
– Represented the Chief Risk Officer of Enron
– Served as lead defense counsel in United States v. Edwin Edwards (former Governor of Louisiana)
– Represented individuals and companies in the health care field concerning disputes concerning billing fraud and abuse and FDA regulatory issues
– Represented individuals and entities in campaign finance investigation.