The new summer issue of National Affairs is now online. In this issue:
- James Pethokoukis explains why (and how) our biggest banks should be made smaller
- Eli Lehrer offers a humane, responsible agenda for prison reform
- Andrew Biggs proposes a new vision for a sustainable Social Security program
- Chris Pope argues that when it comes to health care, the states are not the solution but the problem
- Matthew Weinzierl explores the competing priorities behind our tax debates
- Daniel Gade worries that VA benefits may be harming the very veterans they aim to serve
- Jeff Anderson and Jay Cost propose a fundamental reform of the Republican presidential nominating process
- George F. Will makes a secular case for American religion
If that’s not summer beach reading, I don’t know what is.
Some are available for free on our site, some only to subscribers, and here is where you can subscribe, to also get the magazine in print.