Using user-profile data from visitors to the two candidates’ web sites, Business Week had an interesting little feature in its latest issue contrasting Obamanians and McCainiacs. Here are some of the categories:
• Among news sites, Obama visitors tended to flock to The Washington Post. McCain visitors popped over to USA Today.
• Obama folks like the PBS site. McCain folks frequent the Food Network.
• Among online dating sites, the Obama folks preferred Match.com while the McCain folks hit eHarmony.
• Obama folks shop at Ikea. McCain folks like Bed, Bath & Beyond.
• Among baseball teams, Obama visitors went for the Red Sox. McCain’s went for the Yankees.