1. Marco Rubio in the Wall Street Journal: China’s Campaign against Muslim Minorities
For the first time in 7 years, the Christian town of Kafra will return with their carnival celebration on the occasion of Eid al Saydeh (Feast of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary) on August 14th #Syria pic.twitter.com/PZNqmZnwPB
— G (@SyrianLionesss) August 9, 2018
4. On Public Discourse: “Removing religious exemptions will not promote tolerance or inclusiveness. It will forcibly strip religious organizations of their ability to operate as religious organizations.”
5. Tim Carney on “the evil spirits that prowl about the world.”
6. A reader sends this story of international adoption.
7. A snapshot into the long-term life of foster-care adoption in a family:
Earlier this summer, our son Daniel met his birthmom. It was a gift. This week, our daughter Anna got to meet her awesome birth uncle, Danny. He’s so great. It’s been wonderful. Such joy. #Adoption #Connection pic.twitter.com/y5gXvrk55y
— Kelly Rosati (@KellyMRosati) August 10, 2018
I've always been an easy weeper, but now I'm getting worse—or maybe better. Why shouldn't we be quick to shed tears over a world so full of hurt?
— Terry Teachout (@terryteachout) August 10, 2018