2. A father’s honest reaction to the Pennsylvania grand jury report, McCarrick +: :
“My instinctive reaction is to go after them with a baseball bat.”
— WAMU 88.5 (@wamu885) August 23, 2018
3. Bishop Robert Barron preaches (to priests) on that “Woe to the shepherds” reading that popped up in churches yesterday and “the diabolical masterpiece” that is coming to light:
4. “Don’t leave the Church, lead the Church. The Church needs you by becoming a saint.” This video is worth watching to the end.
5. From St. Rose of Lima’s writings, in the Liturgy of the Hours today:
Our Lord and Savior lifted up his voice and said with incomparable majesty: “Let all men know that grace comes after tribulation. Let them know that without the burden of afflictions it is impossible to reach the height of grace. Let them know that the gifts of grace increase as the struggles increase. Let men take care not to stray and be deceived. This is the only true stairway to paradise, and without the cross they can find no road to climb to heaven.”
6. A new article that is based on the National Review Institute’s foster-care conference this spring.
9. On the Dominican sister who inspired helped shape The Sound of Music (with wisdom for all).
10. Rod Dreher linked to this today on Twitter and I’m grateful. It honestly gets better every time I see it. And it’s something beautiful needed about now.