1. Charles Lane in the Washington Post: Children are being euthanized in Belgium
3. Susan Crabtree in the Washington Free Beacon: DHS Reversal Reopens Asylum Cases for 87 Iranian Christians and Other Religious Minorities
4. Naomi Riley on foster care in rural America in The Atlantic.
5. Daniel Darling in USA Today: On the brink of a post-Roe world, pro-life movement needs a future beyond abortion
7. A Twitter thread that lists some good books (including a few by WFB).
I really want to become a better and clearer writer. And I always need to read good books on writing. Any fave recommendations? @jdflynn @avidkayaker50 @carleolson @DawnofMercy @dlongenecker1 @KSPrior @JMWSPT @IgnatiusPress Anyone else? P.S. I use words like "inculcate" too much.
— Daniel Mattson (@DanielCMattson) August 7, 2018
9. Dr. Jeanne Safer has a new podcast on marriages that cross party lines (like hers with our Rick Brookhiser).
We're thrilled to announce our upcoming podcast, I Love You But I Hate Your Politics, where psychoanalyst Dr. @JeanneSafer shows friends & family members with divergent political beliefs how to save their relationships. Listen to the trailer for free here: https://t.co/rZ2Ph3z87X
— Macmillan Podcasts (@mac_podcasts) August 2, 2018
— ABC News (@ABC) August 7, 2018
Do you know about the Leonine Forum — a fellowship in Catholic social teaching? D.C. deadline is this week, N.Y.C. at the end of the month. Stay tuned for Los Angeles details. More here.
Do you know you can follow the National Review Institute’s Center for Religion, Culture & Civil Society on Twitter at @NRIWFBonVirtue?
Every weekend I send out a newsletter with some of my recent writing and some WFB flashbacks. Sign up here.