(My recent Q&A with the priest in the above — and why he sometimes gets himself arrested — is here.)
3. A man on death row killed by the state of Alabama last night wanted an imam in the chamber when he died. He was outside. I hate the death penalty and this seems cruel and unusual on top of it. We are better than this all. Certainly made to be.
Luke Goodrich from Becket has a good explainer.
1. Seeing a lot of criticism of Supreme Court’s decision in Dunn v. Ray (https://t.co/5E7TNNPjjN), allowing a Muslim inmate to be executed with an imam in the next room (instead of in the execution chamber with him).
— Luke Goodrich (@LukeWGoodrich) February 8, 2019
Late term abortion is never necessary for the mothers health. pic.twitter.com/AFMVTwo1xg
— Grazie P Christie MD (@GChristiemd) February 8, 2019
7. Mike Lee takes on colleagues for hostility to religion and good sense.
8. I, of course, saw this Michael Gerson column first on Twitter
10. My friends at Witness to Love have a new initiative to help help people who are Catholic and weren’t married in the church go back home and be sacramentally married.
PLUS: On the Catholic calendar, today is the memorial of St. Josephine Bakhita, a former slave from Sudan who is remarkable. I wrote a little about her and how we would be wise to take her example and intercession seriously about now here.
Something to Consider
If you enjoyed this article, we have a proposition for you: Join NRPLUS. Members get all of our content (including the magazine), no paywalls or content meters, an advertising-minimal experience, and unique access to our writers and editors (conference calls, social-media groups, etc.). And importantly, NRPLUS members help keep NR going. Consider it?
If you enjoyed this article, and were stimulated by its contents, we have a proposition for you: Join NRPLUS.