When a single judge’s retirement turns the entire political world on its ear, we ought to consider that perhaps the Supreme Court has claimed too much power in our republic.
— Adam White (@adamjwhitedc) June 28, 2018
But also: It’s not just the Supreme Court. When every tweet of a president has the power to shift politics, the news of the day, and moods around the country and world, the presidency has, too.
2. Rusty Reno is overturning Roe.
Two tweets wonder …
Current prediction: in three years Roberts will author the next Casey, saving Roe for another generation.
— Michael Brendan Dougherty (@michaelbd) June 27, 2018
4. Ramesh’s Amy Barrett endorsement for Justice Kennedy’s replacement has swag:
5. Yesterday I found these Judge Bork remembrances.
6. George Weigel on the Acts of the Apostles and us in the world today.
7. John Allen in Crux has a hard conversation with a new cardinal from Pakistan about blasphemy and Islam and Westerners not making a hard situation worse.
Sign up for my newsletter and get more interesting work delivered to your inbox every Saturday.