To begin: Are you aware of our foster-care forum next week? Please pass this link around. We want a full room for maximum impact. This is about awareness and action and you will be inspired.
1. Related to something I linked to yesterday …
Comment by HE Archbishop Angaelos, #Coptic Orthodox Archbishop of London @BishopAngaelos on Bodies of Libya Martyrs Repatriated to #Egypt, their Homeland https://t.co/QO5CFBcHGN #LibyaMartyrs #Forgiveness #Christianity pic.twitter.com/kI8AL3Ky3A
— CopticMediaUK (@CopticMediaUK) May 15, 2018
2. Do you know about the churches targeted in Indonesia this weekend?
3. On Judaism in Africa. By the always worth reading Philip Jenkins.
6. Jeremy Irons, says abortion is a sin, is a headline today. He says:
“sin is actions that harm us. Lying harms us. Abortion harms a woman – it’s a tremendous mental attack, and physical, sometimes. But we seem to get that muddled.
“In a way, thank God the Catholic Church does say we won’t allow it, because otherwise nobody’s saying that it’s a sin.”
People can’t hear that abortion hurts enough. And we can’t respond with love to those hurt by abortion enough. And labor to prevent more of this hurt with love.
An interview about the hurt of abortion.
Postabortion retreats coming up – Men’s Day of Healing 6/16 with Rev. Mariusz Koch, C.F.R. of the @CFR_Franciscans & a Healing Retreat for Siblings 6/29-7/1 with Rev. Fidelis Moscinski #postabortion #NationalDayOfPrayer #PrayToEndAbortion #abortionhurts https://t.co/yDWVYURwYH pic.twitter.com/563qxSbxbU
— LuminaPAH (@LuminaPAH) May 16, 2018
7. I love everything about the Sisters of Life. And this new children’s book is a reminder of the love we need to have for the most vulnerable, a love they dedicate their lives to, by a mom who lives love, from our friends at The Human Life Review.
8. Meet Sgt. Sompaul Vorapanich:
PLUS: I’m blessed to know this courageous woman and her husband, who help so many. She is saying a bold “yes” to the mission God has set them on and deserve prayers and and other support we can give them. (Their ministry to suffering children and their agonized parents … to priests and consecrated ….) They are witnesses to faith, hope, and love, and I certainly pray God is not done with her anytime soon on this earth. If you are moved to consider helping her, every moment of her life will be lived well and she will be a blessing in yours through the graces that flow from your generosity.