1. It’s National Adoption Month.
It's my first time celebrating #NationalAdoptionMonth as an adoptive mom, and I'm struggling to find the words to express just how much our daughter means to me. Because her adoption wasn't about me. It was about her. We wanted her, but she needed us.
— micaiah bilger (@micaiah157) November 1, 2018
The National Review Institute will be doing this later in November.
Here’s a link with some videos and articles from a forum on foster-care and adoption NRI held this spring.
Follow Kelly Rosati on Twitter.
This is why:
#NationalAdoptionMonth ‘s tweets on #adoption are dedicated to these 4 amazing humans we get to call our children-because of the gift of adoption. Daniel, Anna, Joshua & Hope. It’s been a truly wild ride, one we wouldn’t trade for anything. They’re all teens now but I love this. pic.twitter.com/3EDjbW52d2
— Kelly Rosati (@KellyMRosati) November 1, 2018
4. Nava Ruda explains how she survived the Holocaust.
5. John Allen: Take-aways from landmark ruling in Pakistan blasphemy case
7. George Weigel: Shifting Tectonic Plates in Eastern Christianity
8. A display in Qatar about the “miracle of birth”
10. I think WFB would have appreciated: How Agatha Christie helped to save the Latin Mass
PLUS: It’s All Saints Day. A few tweets at @KathrynLopez
Speaking of saints: Reformer Bishop Charles Borromeo can help us today
My intern from a summer ago, Jeanne Marie Hathway (a student at my alma mater, The Catholic University of America), on a podcast about young people and faith.
Do you subscribe to my weekly e-mail? Sign up here.