1. In the Wall Street Journal: Boko Haram Put a Bounty on My Head
3. After our panel the other day, Kristin Hanson was interviewed by the Daily Signal about her late husband J.J. and assisted suicide.
(If you haven’t watched it, here’s the video of our panel.)
(And do find out about the Hawthorne Dominicans, who care for terminal cancer patients, taking them in as their guests. https://www.hawthorne-dominicans.org/)
5. Rabbi Meir Soloveichik: What are Jews chosen for?
6. From Kentucky: Foster-care focus of Respect Life Month
10. Tweet of the week candidate:
I feel like this was not the right tweet to see right after deciding to buy a lotto ticket https://t.co/uOoBKwofwv
— Katrina Trinko (@KatrinaTrinko) October 22, 2018
Have you read 70,000 Reasons to Pay Attention to Sudan? Please do.
Some Calendar Items:
An NRI event at the Tikvah Fund where I’ll be talking with Naomi Riley and Malka Groden: Foster Care, Adoption, and Religious Communities on Nov. 20 in New York
From the Catholic Women’s Forum at the Ethics and Public Policy Center: The Inaugural Kate O’Beirne Event: The Future of the Church: Synod, Scandal, and Solace, Thursday, November 29, 2018 (I’ll be making introductory remarks.)
Do you know about my weekly (free) newsletter? Sign up here.