- Do pray for this family: “Girl shielded her brothers as pickup fatally struck them at bus stop“
- Pakistani Christians call for prayer, Christian service in midst of violence after Asia Bibi acquittal
- “Wayne Thomas was the answer to 3-year-old Brittany’s prayer more than 25 years ago” — on foster care in Philadelphia
- The Last Homily: Conversations with Fr. Arne Panula just arrived in my office, and it is excellent.
(I read an advanced copy — and wrote about it here — and made a small contribution.)
- Jesus’s Response to the Scandals? (by Fr. Roger Landry)
- Russell Moore on Halloween (he is very for).
- In case you don’t follow nuns on Twitter:
Random person: "Nice costume!"
Me: "Thanks, I wear it every day."
— Sr. Theresa Aletheia (@pursuedbytruth) October 31, 2018
- “Watching Gosnell Shattered My Agnosticism On Abortion”
- A New Yorker article on mothers in prison
- This, I confess, made me laugh:
— Jon Winokur (@AdviceToWriters) October 31, 2018
- I feel like we need to learn this right about now: When William Rehnquist proposed to Sandra Day O’Connor
- This was in the Liturgy of the Hours today and it’s always worth meditating on:
My thoughts are not your thoughts,
nor are your ways my ways, says the Lord.
As high as the heavens are above the earth,
so high are my ways above your ways
and my thoughts above your thoughts.
PLUS: On some of the writings of reformer bishops St. Charles Borromeo — Catholics (bishops) could make use of his advice about now.