1. I love this (because serious, dedicated prayer is powerful):
The Dominican Confraternities of the Holy Rosary and Angelic Warfare in @opeast are praying a Novena from Sept. 29 to Oct. 7 for the Spirit of Truth to descend upon the Church with power. 100 Masses being offered. Please join with daily #Rosary and personal sacrifices. pic.twitter.com/1Xd8cZEJkF
— Angelic Warfare Confraternity (@AWCeast) September 25, 2018
5. From The Atlantic‘s “Dear Therapist” column:
When people get married, their spouses come not á la carte, but as a package deal: Family members and friends are integral parts of who they are. In fact, marriages tend to thrive when people come into them with full lives of their own, including strong friendships of their own. Friends provide emotional support and shared outside interests—and, as in the case of the friend in question, they often link us to our pasts. Having these outside connections often makes marriages more resilient than those in which people rely on each other to fulfill all of their needs.
7. Michael Gerson: We no longer want to just win. We want to destroy.
8. Sohrab Ahmari: An Antidote to American Political Squalor
10. This is sweet — and a reminder to drop a note in the mail to anyone who may be feeling lonely, could use a word of encouragement or of thanks. There’s always joy in unexpected loving care.
ATTENTION FRIENDS: Since Mom died this past Spring, my 92 YO dad waits for mail every day. Listens for the squeak of the mail slot opening. His BDAY is Oct. Please mail a note, card, picture, map or story to
96 Summerhill Avenue
Sydney, Nova Scotia
— Miriam Dunn (@Miridunn) September 24, 2018