I know, I know, I can’t believe someone’s going to argue for Al Gore speaking on prime-time TV. But it really burns me, just as a citizen, that the network suits are again talking up the idea of just skipping coverage of the first two nights of the party conventions for another rerun of “CSI: Miami.” (Reason: we make more money with the rerun.) I understand that the junkies have lots of places to watch the convention. But shouldn’t we teach the non-junkies that they ought to care?
The parties are said to be lobbying the networks with proposals to be more entertaining. Perhaps these proposals are on the table:
1. Al Gore will discuss who really killed JonBenet Ramsey.
2. Arnold Schwarzenegger will discuss his pickup techniques in graphic detail.
3. Rudolph Giuliani discusses whether Princess Diana and John F. Kennedy Jr. would have been a “love match.”
4. To add floor drama, party delegates vote to see which Vice Presidential nominee gets voted off the island.
5. Five words: Hillary Clinton eats pig intestine!