From elsewhere on NRO:
Editors: Joe Biden’s Abortion Extremism
Editors: Andrew Cuomo’s Shame
Benjamin Watson: Pro-Justice Means Pro-Life
1. Mary Hallan FioRito: Remembering the legacy of pro-life pioneer Joseph Scheidler
The culture of life is the heritage that Christians want to share with everyone. Every human life, unique and unrepeatable, is priceless. This must be courageously proclaimed ever anew through word and action.
— Pope Francis (@Pontifex) January 29, 2021
4. Charlie Camosy: Open Letter to Pope Francis on Prenatal Justice
5. Mary Eberstadt: President Biden, Speak to the March for Life [He did the opposite and rescinded the Mexico City Policy]
6. Ed Mechmann: Abortion and the Corruption of Law
But it is in the human heart where the greatest conflicts over abortion arise, both within itself and in its relationship with others.
These conflicts create a void, an absence of love, which severs the moral, emotional, and psychological ties connecting human beings to one another including their unborn children. Alienation, estrangement, guilt, a sense of loss, and loneliness are the consequence. In this very personal, private realm, literature often provides greater illumination than polemics.
10. Naomi Schaefer Riley: What lessons can the child welfare system take from the COVID-19 pandemic?
11. Knights of Columbus: Latest Marist Poll on “Americans’ Opinions on Abortion” finds most Americans still agreeing that abortion in the United States should be limited and that tax dollars should not go to fund abortions.
13. The Institute for Pro-Life Advancement: The Pro-Life Support & Nuanced Abortion Views of Millennials and Gen Z
14. Serena Sigillito: The Feminist Movement Before and After Abortion
15. In America: Joe Biden’s missed opportunity on abortion
— Michael Wear (@MichaelRWear) January 22, 2021
18. Anthony Fauci to WHO:
And it will be our policy to support women’s and girls’ sexual and reproductive health and reproductive rights in the United States, as well as globally. To that end, President Biden will be revoking the Mexico City Policy in the coming days, as part of his broader commitment to protect women’s health and advance gender equality at home and around the world.
19. San Francisco archbishop responds to Pelosi: ‘No Catholic in good conscience can favor abortion’
20. Helen Alvare: Catholic Church Is Correct in Not Letting Abortion Issue Slide
21. Fr. Raymond de Souza: Archbishop Gomez Rock-Solid in His Inauguration Day Message
22. George Weigel: President Biden and a Catholic inflection point
In lieu of marching this year, the friars of the House of Studies are spending the day before the Blessed Sacrament, storming heaven with prayer for an end to abortion, for mothers and families mourning their loss, and for the worldwide defense of life. #WhyWeMarch pic.twitter.com/fSnRGJuQ3W
— Fr. Aquinas Guilbeau, OP (@FrAquinasOP) January 29, 2021
25. Rereading John Paul II’s Evangelium Vitae