The following is a partial list of what has occurred since Pope Benedict XVI delivered a speech suggesting that Islamic holy war was against God’s nature and that “violence is incompatible with the nature of God and the nature of the soul.’
– Islamic gunmen murdered an Italian nun as she walked home from the children’s hospital where she worked in Mogadishu. A leading Islamic cleric in the Somali capital told worshippers at a mosque that, ‘Whoever offends our Prophet Mohammed should be killed on the spot by the nearest Muslim.’
– Islamic protestors have set fire to Christian churches (at least 7 so far). A group calling itself the Islamic Organization of the Swords of Righteousness attacked the oldest church in Gaza City with gunfire and a grenade. In the West Bank, gunmen threw Molotov cocktails at four churches of different denominations. Gunmen opened fire inside an empty Catholic church after the building’s entrance door was burnt down.
– Protestors have burnt German, American and Israeli flags in the streets, and called Pope Benedict XVI ‘Hitler’ while torching his effigy.
– Outside of Westminster Cathedral in London, an Islamic extremist leader told a demonstration that the Pope should face execution. He added, “Whoever insults the message of Mohammed is going to be subject to capital punishment.” (This is the same guy who organized demonstrations against the publication of Danish cartoons of Mohammed where Muslim protesters carried signs declaring “Behead Those Who Insult Islam”.)
– The Mujahideen Shura Council issued the following statement: “We shall break the cross and spill the wine! God will (help) Muslims to conquer Rome. (May) God enable us to slit their throats, and make their money and descendants the bounty of the mujahedeen!”
This growing list of murder, violence and mayhem by radical Muslims proves the Pope’s point.
I’m sorry the Pope apologized. He was right, and he didn’t have to.