…will be back on the air June 15th. Reuters:
NEW YORK (Reuters) – Shock jocks Opie & Anthony will resume live broadcasts on XM Satellite Radio Holdings on Friday following a one-month suspension after a guest described his rape fantasies on their daily show, the satellite radio provider said on Monday.
Hosts Gregg “Opie” Hughes and Anthony Cumia last month were suspended for 30 days after a guest spoke about forcing Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and First Lady Laura Bush to have sex with him.
XM denounced the comments and the hosts apologized. But XM, which has agreed to be acquired by rival Sirius Satellite Radio Inc., suspended the team about a week after the incident, saying the duo had later made remarks on air that suggested their regret was not sincere.
“Opie and Anthony will be back on XM live at 6:00 a.m. ET (1000 GMT) on Friday, June 15th,” XM said in a message posted to its Web site.
While XM had said from the start that Opie & Anthony’s suspension did not mean they eventually would be fired, some media analysts had questioned whether new scrutiny of radio shock jocks meant their days on air were numbered.
Why is Don Imus off the air again?