What surely will be a Christian-bashing gift is on the way from Harvey and Bob Weinstein: their movie about a madman who terrorizes college girls at Christmas. Their earlier flicks suggest it likely that this new one, “Black Christmas,” will be anti-Christian. To wit–as catalogued by the Catholic League:
- Priest, a film where the audience is introduced to totally dysfunctional priests, all of whom are made screwy because of the Catholic Church.
- The Butcher Boy, a film starring Sinead O’Connor as a foul-mouthed Virgin Mary.
- Dogma, a tale of a descendant of Mary and Joseph who works in an abortion clinic, a foul-mouthed 13th apostle — along with a comment comparing Mass to lousy sex.
- 40 Days and 40 Nights, which ridicules a Catholic for giving up sex for Lent.
- And The Magdalene Sisters, about sadistic nuns.
This is one present the public should refrain from opening.