- The philosopher Martha Nussbaum warns that “patriotic pride” is “morally dangerous.”
- University of Pennsylvania president Amy Gutmann, when she was affiliated with Princeton, revealed that she finds it “repugnant” for American students to learn that they are “above all, citizens of the United States” instead of partisans of her preferred abstraction, “democratic humanism.”
- New York University’s Richard Sennett denounces “the evil of a shared national identity” and concludes that the erosion of national sovereignty is “basically a positive thing.”
- Cecilia O’Leary of American University identifies American patriotism as a right-wing, militaristic, male, white, Anglo, and repressive force.
- Peter Spiro of Hofstra University says it “is increasingly difficult to use the word ‘we’ in the context of international affairs.”
I give you agents of destruction of this nation.