From my coleague Myron Ebell — too good not to share:
According to an article in today’s Greenwire, Concentrating Solar Power has a bright future if:
- federal renewable tax credits are extended; and
- a federal 25% by 2025 renewable portfolio standard for electric utilities is adopted; and
- a carve-out specifically for solar is included in the 25% RPS; and
- European-style “feed-in” tariffs are adopted; and
- more transmission lines to remote areas with high solar resources are built: and
- a multibillion-dollar federal fund is created; and
- a national cap on greenhouse gas emissions is enacted.
If this level of government support were given to horse-drawn carriages and wagons, the era of the automobile would soon be a brief interlude in the age of the horse.