David and Will discuss the remarkable statewide defeat of historically popular union-backed bond proposals, an LA Times investigation that reveals the state’s campaign to silence whistleblowers inside its troubled high-speed rail agency, and the University of California’s Reaganesque response to a graduate-student strike at UC Santa Cruz. Intro music by Metalachi.
- ‘You just lost my vote’: Joe Biden comes out in favor of California’s awful job-killing #AB5 and hears about it
- California unions would get more details on job applicants under proposed law
- California bullet train official says they were told to suppress bad news and shut up
- Editorial: Proposition 13 had a terrible name. That’s not a reason to stiff kids and schools
- Has the push to expand rail into the Bay Area’s fringes reached the end of the line?
- Senate Bill 1067 – Pension obligation bonds
- Fired UCSC grad students speak out, campus prepares for impacts
- UCSC cancels classes, shutters services as demonstrators block roadways
- UC graduate students threaten more strikes as movement grows