The connection between California’s killer wildfires and the spread of COVID. Fact-checking Gavin Newsom’s claim that middle-class Americans are better off in California than in Texas. The failed experiment in defunding police. UC Berkeley law professors say the recall is unconstitutional. Recall candidate Larry Elder says the Biden election was free and fair — and that it wasn’t. Sacramento prepares to eliminate local planning authority. Music by Metalachi.
- Oakland gun violence prompts community leaders to ask for CHP help, state of emergency
- Wildfire smoke linked to Covid-19 cases and deaths in the West
- California orders all teachers to be vaccinated or face regular testing
- Elder retreats on comments on 2020 election
- One reason Newsom faces recall (Will on wildfires in National Review)
- Biden to CA voters: Keep Newsom on the job
- There is a problem with California’s recall. It’s unconstitutional.
- Newsom blasts Elder
- “Damn!” The Newsom video
- Newsom says Texas is more expensive than California
- Californians may get to abolish public employee unions on 2022 ballot
- California will spend $6 billion to expand internet access. Who gets priority?
- Op-Ed: The absolute wrong way to solve California’s affordable housing crisis
- The tax implications of SB 9 and 10
- How to create affordable housing: A defense of free markets