San Francisco mayor London Breed says she had to dance maskless in a nightclub, and blames the “fun police” for documenting the moment. How Newsom explains his recall win. L.A. County kills oil drilling (to kill working-class jobs). California liquor licenses remain a prerogative of the rich (because the poor shouldn’t drink). Newsom signs bills to end single-family zoning. Bonus: The only sitting U.S. senator to die in a duel was the California abolitionist David Broderick. Music by Metalachi.
- The Broderick–Terry duel
- My going maskless is different, says SF mayor, because “I was feeling the spirit!”
- “Let’s get down” (the London Breed dance mix)
- Newsom: Recall win shows Dems should ‘stiffen our spines’ on Covid action
- Newsom will remain California’s governor. Poor guy.
- Elder says no fraud in election
- L.A. County takes first steps to end urban oil drilling
- Liquor-license rules are crippling restaurants at the worst possible time
- Crony capitalism: State probes county’s sale of Coliseum site share to Oakland A’s
- Newsom backs denser zoning for single-family neighborhoods
- Land-use bill promotes freedom and property rights