Can liberals understand conservatives? Is civil society decaying? Is staging a fake assassination attempt on yourself a good way to win reelection? Washington Examiner commentary editor Tim Carney rejoins the Remnant to answer these and other questions.
- The Weekly Standard podcast, live from the Midwest.
- Noah Rothman on liberalism’s current fatalist conceit.
- Vanity Fair’s failure to understand conservatives.
- Proud To Be Right, an anthology of essays by young conservatives that I edited.
- David Skarbek on prison gangs.
- Washington Examiner editorials on Sheriff Joe: In August, on Trump’s pardon; last week, on his Pence praise.
- That time Joe Arpaio faked an assassination attempt on himself to win re-election.
- Against Empathy by Paul Bloom.