Well, Hillary Clinton is looking for a campaign song. The nominations:
- City of Blinding Lights – U2
- Suddenly I See – KT Tunstall
- I’m a Believer – Smash Mouth
- Get Ready – The Temptations
- Ready to Run – Dixie Chicks
- Rock This Country! – Shania Twain
- Beautiful Day – U2
- Right Here, Right Now – Jesus Jones
Snarky response number one: Is this the only way you’ll see the word “Jesus” in a Democratic primary?
Snarky response number two: The Dixie Chicks. There’s a shock.
Snarky response number three: The very first commenter on her web site suggests John Lennon’s “Imagine.” Hmmm. A tribute to post-nationalism, (“imagine there’s no countries”) atheism (“no religion too”) and communism and socialism (“no possessions”). Perfect.
To her credit, she does re-use footage of her being off-key singing the National Anthem, and says, “I promise I won’t sing it in public… unless I win!” It’s not often we see self-mockery from Hillary.