Obama, on conference call with a group of rabbis, last week: “We are God’s partners in matters of life and death.”
How do you want to tee this one up?
1) “If George W. Bush had said it . . .”
2) Yes, but we know who is the managing partner in Obama’s arrangement.
3) Sure, but determining when life begins is still above your pay grade, huh?
4) This philosophy applies to our use of Predator drones in the skies over Pakistan, yes?
5) Is this going in the new Veterans Affairs booklets?
6) So God wants some people to just take a painkiller?
7) Poetic, and inspiring . . . but, uh, what does it mean? Isn’t this a statement so generic that even the bad guys we’re fighting in the war on terror could adopt it?