Initial thoughts on Hillary Clinton winning Nevada, presuming her five percent or so lead holds…
1) What happened to the Culinary Workers Union? So much for their endorsement of Obama. Also the Nevada chapter of SEIU. Do they no longer have as much influence over their members?
2) Exit polls indicate Hillary Clinton lost blacks by a lot, but won Hispanics. So much for those radio ads in Spanish that accused Hillary Clinton of “unforgivable” and “shameless” efforts to suppress the vote, huh? A little too over-the-top to be effective?
3) Unlike some folks, I don’t think African-Americans will stay home in the general election for Hillary Clinton, unless their fight gets much uglier…
4) Hillary talking about the Lewinsky scandal on the Tyra Banks show – was this the Nevada equivalent of the New Hampshire tears?
5) Obama’s proven he can win the black vote. Can he win enough in other key demographics?
6) John Edwards… what are you doing?
UPDATE: More than a few are looking at the totals listed and thinking those are the vote totals. They aren’t; as I understand it, those are the number of delegates being sent to the county conventions… who will vote on who is sent to the state convention… who will vote on the delegates sent to the national Democratic convention*.
ANOTHER UPDATE: The Democratic totals are county delegates, the Republican totals are vote totals.