Governor Newsom uses communities incinerated by wildfire to promote climate-change policies that will do little to mitigate the impact of decades of bad forest management, and then says he’ll make California a destination for abortion tourists. And we’ve got questions — like what does Assemblywoman Lorena Gonzalez (D-San Diego) know about running an Amazon warehouse? Does Theranos founder Elizabeth Holmes’s gender matter? And what do Kamala Harris, Maxine Waters and Alejandro Mayorkas have in common? Bonus track: Will talks with California Policy Center data analyst Brandon Ristoff about the truth behind the California Exodus. Music by Metalachi.
- ‘I’m ready’: Rep. Karen Bass makes run for Los Angeles mayor official
- Bass’s police union bill undermines Dems’ commitment to reform
- Maxine Waters: Border agents ‘whipping’ migrants ‘worse than what we saw with slavery’
- Kamala Harris says footage of Border Patrol evokes images of ‘slavery’
- Gov. Newsom signs $15 billion climate, wildfire package at Sequoia National Park
- Newsom’s office ‘micromanaged’ PG&E’s independent state regulators
- As lawmakers indefinitely postpone wildfire oversight hearing, internal emails reveal Cal Fire chief ordered key doc pulled from internet
- Newsom signs bills allowing children to hide sex operations and abortions from parents
- Newsom signs law requiring California warehouses to disclose quotas, provide bathroom breaks
- Does Elizabeth Holmes’s gender matter?
- Brandon Ristoff’s “Book of California Exoduses”
- Email Brandon Ristoff at Brandon@calpolicycenter.org