In the second episode of The Remnant with Jonah Goldberg, the host begins to gain his podcast sea legs with the help of the least famous famous person in D.C.: egghead extraordinaire Yuval Levin, of the Ethics and Public Policy Center and National Affairs. Topics include: the role of institutions, what’s wrong with our politics, nationalism vs. patriotism, and why conspiracy theories are (probably) wrong. Goldberg also reviews some of the early reviews of The Remnant.
Music: Sprach Zarathustra by Kevin MacLeod is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License.
Photo: Demonstrators and counter-demonstrators fight over a U.S. flag during a “People 4 Trump” rally in Berkeley, Calif., March 4, 2017. (Stephen Lam/Reuters)
- CAN YOU DIG IT?
- The National Affairs website.
- The Ethics & Public Policy Center website.
- The DMV guy from The Blacklist.
- My interview with Yuval Levin on C-SPAN.
- The Gallup poll on American trust in institutions.
- Rich Lowry and Ramesh Ponnuru’s piece on nationalism.
- And my response.
- National Review’s The Editors podcast.