The screams from the U.S. Senate gallery during the ayes and noes on Brett Kavanaugh’s confirmation were the Democratic party’s cries for help. Voters should arrange the major intervention that Democrats sorely need, so they might regain their mental health.
What should have been a solemn occasion last Saturday afternoon — the then-nominee’s supporters and opponents quietly and gracefully waiting to see if he had enough votes to reach the nation’s highest court — instead sounded like chilling shrieks from a psychiatric hospital.
And, frankly, today’s Democratic Left resembles an insane asylum.
• Leftist mobs have screamed at Senator Ted Cruz (R., Texas), Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen, and other Republicans and hounded them out of restaurants.
• These thugs screamed at Maine’s Susan Collins, Arizona’s Jeff Flake, and Utah’s Orrin Hatch in Capitol Hill elevators and hallways last week.
• Leftists screamed at GOP senators Bob Corker of Tennessee, Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, and David Perdue of Georgia at Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport.
• Screaming agitators repeatedly interrupted Kavanaugh’s confirmation proceedings and had to be dragged from the Senate Judiciary Committee’s (SJC) hearing room.
Rather than beg these unhinged hooligans to cease and desist, Democratic leaders encouraged their eruptions.
• Senate Democratic whip Dick Durbin of Illinois blessed the outbursts at Kavanaugh’s hearing. Durbin said: “What we heard is the noise of democracy.”
• Representative Maxine Waters (D., Calif.) welcomed the anti-GOP dining disruptions. “If you see anybody from that Cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd,” she urged fellow Democrats in June. “And you push back on them. And you tell them they’re not welcome anymore, anywhere.”
• “Go to the Hill today,” Senator Cory “Spartacus” Booker (D., N.J.) implored fellow Leftists in late July. “Please, get up in the face [sic] of some congresspeople.”
• “You cannot be civil with a political party that wants to destroy what you stand for,” Hillary Clinton told CNN Tuesday. “That’s why I believe, if we are fortunate enough to win back the House and or the Senate, that’s when civility can start again. But until then, the only thing that the Republicans seem to recognize and respect is strength.”
• Eric Holder, Obama’s attorney general, abandoned all legal niceties in a speech Sunday: “When they go low, we kick them,” Holder said to cheers in Georgia. “That’s what this new Democratic party is about.”
Meanwhile, Jackson Cosko, 27, is in serious legal jeopardy after he was arrested during the Kavapocalypse for posting online the private addresses of Republican SJC members. The supposed “intern” for Representative Sheila Jackson Lee (D., Texas) allegedly snuck into the Senate offices of New Hampshire Democrat Maggie Hassan and used the computer system to purloin these privileged data. When a Hassan staffer caught him, police say that Cosko sent that employee a chilling note: “If you tell anyone I will leak it all. Emails signal conversations gmails. Senators children’s health information and socials” or Social Security numbers (emphasis added).
Cosko faces major charges: unlawful entry, identity theft, threats, witness tampering, and illegally posting public officials’ private information.
Meanwhile, Julie Gunlock at American Greatness reports that Cosko is not merely an overexcited undergrad with an unpaid internship. In fact, he is a paid “fellow” with a third-party organization. As such, his job may be to commit just the sort of wrongdoing of which he is accused.
President Trump surveyed these dangers and told voters in Council Bluffs, Iowa, Tuesday: “You don’t hand matches to an arsonist, and you don’t give power to an angry left-wing mob. And that’s what the Democrats are becoming.”
So, with Kavanaugh now a Supreme Court associate justice, what Republicans and independents must do is give the Democrats the only thing that finally will force them into self-reflection and self-correction: a therapeutic electoral shellacking.
Only a massive, crushing defeat on November 6 finally might make the Left heel.
If Democrats win either house, they will go berserk. Impeachment of President Trump, Kavanaugh, and even Vice President Pence (as some leftists demand) will top their To Do list. Medicare for All, scrapping ICE, and Democratic Socialism soon will follow.
To these leftist words, Antifa will add the music of mob rule: riots, property destruction, physical intimidation, street violence, death threats, and possibly even more severe mayhem — all in the name of Resistance.
If Democrats barely lose (say, the GOP keeps a three-seat House majority), they will blame Russia, voter suppression, patriarchy, white-nationalist lead poisoning, global warming, sexism, Islamophobia, homophobia, high gas prices, income inequality, and racism, racism, racism.
However, if Republicans romp, boost their Senate majority by three to eight seats (ideally securing a filibuster-proof, 60-seat majority) and score an additional dozen-plus House districts, vanquished Democrats might cry together on November 7 and conclude:
“We blew it.
“It’s not Trump. It’s not Russia. It’s not collusion. It’s not whitey. It’s not toxic masculinity. It’s us.
“We blew it in 2016, too.
“Our flawed nominee campaigned on an elitist platform against millions of ‘deplorables’ and offered no positive vision. Lazily, Hillary skipped Wisconsin entirely and spent too little time in Michigan. As NBC News concluded a week after the election: ‘Trump Out-Campaigned Clinton by 50 Percent in Key Battleground States in Final Stretch.’ Trump beat her, fair and square.
“We have no constructive program to make people’s lives better. We’re bullies. We’re cruel. We want control for control’s sake. We just want to bark orders at people. Socialism sucks — overseas and at home.
“So, we need to occupy some hard chairs, learn what we did wrong, and what promising, non-hateful message we can offer the American people. Maybe then we can emerge from this hole in which Republicans have relegated us.”
Atop Trump’s 2016 defeat of Hillary, a second, even harsher drubbing in 2018, might be the knockout blow that makes Democrats reverse their unicorn ride into hell and, instead, reinspire America with a program for growth and prosperity. Only then might Democrats stop their madness.
It now is the solemn duty of every voter, volunteer, activist, advocate, donor, operative, and candidate on the center-right to assure that the Democrats experience this desperately needed, self-cleansing, paradigm-shifting wipeout.